Your Trusted Dentists For Dental Implants In Perth
Missing teeth can have a serious impact on your quality of life for a number of reasons. Not only can it make it harder and more uncomfortable to speak and chew, but it can also have a serious impact on your self-esteem.
As one of Perth's leading providers of dental implants, we can help restore your teeth to their brilliant best and help you enjoy the comfort, convenience and confidence that you deserve.
If you're keen to learn more about how a dental implant treatment could improve your life and find out exactly what's involved, make sure you check out the rest of the information on this page.
If you've decided that a dental implant treatment is the right move for you, just click the button below to book your appointment today.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are perfect for those looking to replace missing or damaged teeth in a permanent and convenient manner.
In the past, people who had experienced tooth loss had to rely on dentures to restore the look and functionality of their teeth. Unfortunately, dentures come with a host of downsides such as a likelihood of them moving in your mouth and also the need to remove them for cleaning on a regular basis.
Dental implants, on the other hand, are the most natural-looking option. Because they're permanently fixed in amongst your existing teeth, you don't need to remove them for cleaning and are able to speak without impediment and eat all of the foods that you love without a second thought.
To the untrained eye, dental implants appear exactly the same as the teeth you were born with - you brush, chew food and treat them exactly as you would your natural teeth.
This is why they've become such a popular option.
Dental Implants at Stirling Street Dental
Whether you're looking to replace a single tooth or need to restore a full set of teeth, our experienced oral health experts, such as Dr Quincy, are here to make your implant procedure as smooth as possible.
Having performed hundreds of dental implant treatments in Perth over the last 10 years, Dr Quincy takes great pride in being able to offer the best technique and solution to our patients. He has also attended numerous further courses to improve his knowledge and understanding of dental implants.
At Stirling Street Dental Clinic, we exclusively use Nobel Biocare implant systems. Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations whose success is built on more than 50 years of research and innovation and as such is our choice of implant. All our crowns are made by a local Perth laboratory which ensures all materials are safe and TGA approved.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Natural teeth have a root that holds the tooth in your jaw bone and a natural crown that sits atop this. Tooth implants work by mimicking this structure using a surgical procedure to implant artificial materials that act in exactly the same manner.
First, a dental implant (which is generally made from titanium) is inserted into your jaw. This serves as the foundation for your implant. Over time, bone naturally grows onto the implant (in a process called "osseointegration") and acts to hold it firmly in place.
Once the implant has been surgically placed, an abutment is used to fit the crown in place. These crowns are also made to match the colour of your existing natural teeth. As such, your smile will be completely rejuvenated (and it will be extremely hard for anyone to even notice that you've had dental implants at all).
Benefits Of Dental Implants
Having fitted hundreds of patients for dental implants in Perth, we're well aware of the many benefits associated with this potentially life-changing dental treatment to replace their missing teeth.
- A Natural Look & Feel: if you've experienced the loss of a tooth, a dental implant represents the most natural-looking, natural-feeling and highly functional solution. Once the treatment is complete, chances are that nobody will even be aware that you've undergone a dental implant procedure (and you might even forget that you ever had to live with missing teeth at all!).
- Restored Looks & Self Confidence: once you've had your missing teeth replaced with a dental implant treatment
- A Better Alternative To Dentures: because they're fixed in your mouth, dental implants remove the mobility and discomfort associated with dentures. They're also a lot more convenient as you don't need to remove them for cleaning or when you sleep. All you need to do is brush and floss them like you would your regular teeth.
- The Freedom To Eat What You Want: because dental implants function just like your natural teeth, it means that you're free to indulge in all types of food and drink without worrying how it will affect you.
- Improved Tooth Alignment: not only will a dental implant improve the look and functionality of your teeth, but it can also prevent your teeth from moving and creating alignment problems. This can help you avoid discomfort and additional dental realignment treatments further down the line.
- Improved Oral Bone Health: removable dentures can actually cause bone loss and damage your oral health, whereas dental implants act to stimulate and preserve your remaining bone.
Is A Dental Implant Treatment The Right Choice For Me?
Here at Stirling Street Dental, we take the health and safety of all our patients very seriously. That's why we always perform an initial consultation to learn more about you and if you're a good candidate for dental implant treatment.
During this consultation, you will undergo x-rays on the area of your mouth that will receive the implant. This is so that your dental health professional is able to determine if the bone in this area is strong enough to safely support a tooth implant. It will also help them determine if there is enough room to place a dental implant.
Because receiving a dental implant is a surgical or invasive procedure that carries certain risks, your dentist will also use this appointment to go over your medical history. This is so that they're able to clarify that you're physically capable of handling the procedure and aren't allergic to any of the medications used.
Before you book an appointment, here are some questions to consider if you're trying to determine if a dental implant treatment might be the right answer for you:
- Have you lost one or more of your original teeth?
- Do your missing teeth affect how you talk and sound?
- Are you unhappy with your smile and feel self conscious?
- Do you have difficulty eating some of your favourite foods?
- Do you suffer from advanced gum disease that affects your oral health?
- Has your facial appearance started to change?
- Do you find wearing dentures uncomfortable and/or inconvenient?
- Have your teeth started to move around and cause your bit to misalign?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, then dental implants in Perth might be the solution you're looking for. Book your consultation appointment today to find out more about how we can help.
Types Of Dental Implants
Single Tooth Dental Implant
If you only need to replace a single tooth (or multiple teeth in different locations), then your dentist will recommend a single tooth implant. Once this procedure is complete, your implant/implants will look, feel and function like your natural teeth.
Multiple Tooth Implants
If you need to replace multiple teeth with a dental implant, your dentist will present you with a couple of options:
- Implant-Supported Dentures: in this procedure, a denture is fixed in place by being attached to four or more dental implants. This has the benefit of being much more secure than a traditional denture, however, proper maintenance (including examination, cleaning and repairs) can only be performed by an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- All-On-Four Dental Implants: used as an option when there are multiple tooth gaps that need felling, this procedure refers to the four implants placed into the jaw bone to anchor a full set of teeth for the upper or lower jaw.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
We offer single tooth dental implant-supported-crown treatments starting at $3999. If you have multiple teeth that need replacing or would like to learn more about if your dental implants might be covered by your health insurance provider, please get in touch with us today to find out more.
The Dangers Of Dental Implant Procedures in Bali & Thailand
Lots of people are tempted by the cheaper price of dental implants on offer in Bali and Thailands, however, you might end up paying a lot more in the long run (especially when it comes to your health and wellbeing).
As we mentioned before, while it is a relatively safe and routine procedure when performed by an appropriately qualified health practitioner in Australia, dental implant surgery is still an invasive procedure that carries certain risks.
As such, it pays to be aware of the following issues:
- Dentists in other countries might not have the same level of training as an Australian practitioner. All Australian dentists are required to be registered via the Dental Board of Australia, and the Australian Dental Association carefully regulates all dentists and takes any complaints of malpractice or substandard dental care very seriously. Unfortunately, lots of other countries don't have such strict regulation in place.
- What are you going to do if something goes wrong? If you experience medical complications as a result of a dental implant procedure while overseas, additional medical care can be complicated and expensive. In addition to that, if issues with your treatment arise after you return home, having them rectified by an Australian dentist can represent a host of additional unnecessary costs.
This is why it's important to properly consider the full implications of travelling overseas for "cheap" dental implant treatments. It could end up costing you a lot more in the long run.