Are you missing one or more teeth?
Missing teeth can affect your quality of life by impacting your ability to chew and speak properly. They can also damage your confidence and self-esteem by making you feel shy and self-conscious.
The good news is that there is a solution available in Perth to help fix your missing teeth. Dental bridges are an excellent option that can restore your smile, improve your ability to chew and help give you back your confidence. They’re also a strong, stable and convenient alternative to dentures.
What Are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a prosthetic device used to fill a gap created by one or more missing teeth.
They consist of gold or porcelain crows that are mounted onto existing teeth or implants and cemented into shape. This bridges the gap and creates a full and natural-looking smile while restoring tooth function and speech.
Types Of Dental Bridge Treatment
These are the most commonly used type of bridge in modern dentistry and are made of porcelain fused to metal or ceramic. With traditional bridges, a crown is created for the tooth or implant on either side of the gap with a pontic (imitation tooth) in between.
This type of bridge is used when there are adjacent teeth on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth. They’re best suited for use in the back of the mouth where they can’t damage the teeth by placing too much force on them.
Resin-Bonded (Maryland) Bridges
Also known as Maryland bridges, resin-bonded bridges are made of porcelain,porcelain fused to metal or plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal or porcelain framework. With these bridges, porcelain or metal wings protrude from one side of the bridge and are bonded to your existing teeth with resin.
Want to find out if one of these types of bridges is the right solution for you? Click here to get in touch with us today
The Dental Bridge Treatment Procedure In Perth
- Your dentist starts by preparing the teeth adjacent to the gad for treatment by reshaping them. This allows room for the bridge to be placed over them.
- Impressions of your teeth are made and sent to our Perth dental lab. These will serve as a model for your dental bridge and help to ensure a proper fit and great colour match.
- Your dentist will fit you with a temporary bridge to wear until yours is ready.
- Once your new bridge arrives, you will be contacted to return for another appointment. During this session, your new bridge will be fitted, checked and adjusted to ensure a perfect fit.
- You may require several follow-up appointments to check and adjust the fit and bite of your new bridge. If yours is a fixed bridge, it may be put in place temporarily to ensure it fits properly and then cemented after a short trial period.
Want to get started on the road to a dazzling new smile with some dental bridges? Click here to get in touch with our Perth location and find out if they’re the right solution for you.
Benefits Of Dental Bridges
There are lots of great reasons to consider getting dental bridges. These include:
- Restoring your smile (and helping you look your best).
- Restoring your ability to chew and speak properly.
- Maintaining the shape of your face.
- Distributing your bite force properly (which can have some long-term benefits for your dental health).
- Preventing your remaining teeth from drifting out of position (which can cause further dental health complications).
Why Choose Stirling Street Dental For Your Dental Bridge Treatment in Perth?
At Stirling Street Dental, it’s our mission to make sure that all of our patients have the most comfortable and satisfying experience possible.
Because dental bridge treatment involves multiple appointments and procedures, we always go out of our way to make sure things are as convenient as possible.
We also understand the massive impact that a quality dental bridge treatment can have on your appearance, quality of life and self-esteem levels, so we always do everything we can to ensure the best possible outcomes and results.